Resources for Raising Boys:
- Wild Things, The Art of Nurturing Boys by Stephen James and David Thomas
- Discusses boys and their needs through each developmental stage
- Bringing up Boys By Dr. James Dobson
- All encompassing study of what makes up boys and how they function.
Recommended Books for Parenting:
- In this House There Will Be Giggles By Courtney DeFeo
- A book about teaching a virtue to children each month.
- Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas
- How parenting makes us holy
- Focus on the Family Magazine
Websites and Podcasts for Parenting:
- Your Move Podcast with Andy Stanley
Resources for Motherhood:
- Missional Motherhood by Gloria Furman-The book is excellently written! Gloria makes a case for the significance of the role of mothers as the nurturers of life. A must read for sure…
- Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic- Short but challenging chapters about parenting very young children. A great way to keep perspective in these exhausting days.
- http://document.desiringgod.org/mom-enough-en.pdf?1446647884– An e-book that compiles many amazing articles on motherhood and how it reflects the gospel- I could read these over and over!
- Surprised by Motherhood, Lisa Jo Baker- This is Lisa’s honest journey through the ups and down of motherhood. Her vulnerability is refreshing and challenging
- http://www.desiringgod.org/articles/let-your-children-go-to-him —amazing article by Tim Kimmel that teaches parents how to leave their children with spiritual wealth
Resources for Kids:
- Clubhouse and Clubhouse Jr Magazine- https://store.focusonthefamily.com/media-types/magazine/clubhouse-jr-magazine
- The Garden, The Curtain and the Cross by Carl Laferton
- The Jesus Storybook Bible By Sally Lloyd Jones
- The New City Catechism
- A Modern day resources aimed and helping children and adults learnt he core doctrines of the Christian Faith through 52 questions and answers.
- Recommended Music:
- Seeds Family Worship (puts scripture to song)
- Rain for Roots (puts Bible Stories to song)
- Slugs and Bugs (by Andrew Peterson- fun songs with great messages)
Podcasts we live by:
- The Briefing, with Albert Mohler
- This is a 20 minute daily podcast of news and events from a Christian worldview. Dr. Mohler is a brilliant mind who breaks down the happenings from the day and explains how that effects our world from a biblical perspective- could not recommend this enough!
- The Village Church Podcast with Matt Chandler
- Focus on the Family Daily Broadcast
- The Gospel Coalition Podcast
Books we Live by:
- Jesus the King by Tim Keller
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler
- How Now Shall We Live? By Chuck Colson